Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, July 09, 2005
My Work History


Well as anybody can see from my previous posts, I'm rather sidetracked from my working life topic as suggested from my blog title.....

So guess it's time I record down my past working history and also my current worklife.......

A Brief Academic History...

Three years ago, I enrolled myself to a local poly as I was left with no other choice at that point of time....
My only aim at that time was to continue my studies and nothing else... I had two main interests at that time which was accounting and the medical profession.....
I opt for the latter and took up an allied health course provided by NYP....

Though I had no idea what the course is all about I went along with it due to the prospect of a good sponsorship from any hospitals in Singapore.....[I was more interested in the sponsorship than in the course itself] ;p
To my disappointment, my intake was one of the largest as compared to any other intakes and I did not get any sponsorship in the end....[Tried for three whole years ....sigh]

By then I was really getting the hang on the modules offered and felt a certain sense of attachment to the course...so I stayed on....
Throughout the three years..... I have made some really close friends thru the course and till today I've never regret my decision to stay on.....

Three years have passed by ......
Now I'm happily employed by a recognized institute and at times wonder how life would have been if I had managed to secure for myself a sponsorship......

This past few months [after my final exams] have been somewhat of a rollercoster ride for me, full of both ups and downs, exhilaration and disappointment.....haha how melodramatic I can be


The Past Few Months... [After my Exams]

Majority of my classmates to the opputunity of the long break to go on a vacation abroad.....
Well as for me, I was stuck here in Singapore, working at a private organization[A], on a part-time fee... Most of my friends advises me not to join the private sector straight after graduation as I might not be equipped with the necessary on the job experience ....

Initially I had the same impression but after working at A for two months, I did managed to be equipped with experiences that till today I will never forget and had help me felt how it is like working with private patients.....[In my opinion there are no different from other patients just that they expect a higher level of service from you so you must really know all your stuff at your fingertips]

My boss said this once to me....
"We are in the service industry and we should be proud that we are able to provide this service to our patients, regardless of their age, gender, status etc...
We are the masters of our room.... nobody know the procedures, the workflow and the details of everything in the room as well as us.....
When a patient comes into the examination room, they would usually feel the need to know more and their level of knowledge of the procedures will never be on the same level as the technologists within the room...
Thus we should never feel inferior, in the act of providing the services to our patients as we are the king of the room we working in and that nobody will know more than we do ...."

He make me look at my job at a new prospective and I've begun to see the beauty of my responsibilities..... he is one person I respect above all others.....

Life was good and I was given more responsibilities as I time goes by.....
But then I was offered another job offer from a recognized institution.....
I was forced to make a decision for my further and also my present....

After much thought spent.... I chose to accept the job offer from the institute [N].

The few weeks of time I had to make a decision was really tough on me [I was'nt much of a decision maker], i had to weigh the pros and cons for both A and N and also think thru what I really looking for in a job....

Well I'm now settling myself down to the environment in N and in the end I realise working at both A and N felt the same..... there is'nt much difference between them....

Well I wish all the best for A and hope they would fine a replacement for me soon....


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com